9/22/2009

Applesauce Pork Chops

Looking for another easy & delicious crock pot recipe? Here you go. This meal is so good & tastes like it took a long time to make. The good news is that it only takes about 5 minutes!
When you are done the pork chops are so tender they fall apart with a touch of your fork. The sauce is a great mix between sweet and sour - my kids loved it!

Applesauce Pork Chops

6-8 boneless pork chops
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
16 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup vinegar

Salt and pepper the pork chops and put in the bottom of the crock pot. I took mine out of the freezer and let sit on the counter for about a half an hour and then threw them in, don't worry about them being frozen! Then pour the applesauce on top of the chops followed by the rest of these ingredients...
When you are done it will look like this. It already looks good. Let it cook on high for 6-8 hours.
You and your family will love them! And your busy fall schedule will love it also!

5 comments:

  1. Please always include in your great crock pot recipes how many servings your recipes will make. This will let me know if it will feed my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6-8 porkchops would logically serve 6-8 people. Unless you have somebody who eats seconds... in which case, there is simple math involved.

      Sounds yummy, thanks for the recipe!!

      Delete
  2. Amy,
    Well I did the math myself and cooked this tonight and it was AMAZING! I doubled the apple sauce and halved the vinegar. My family loved it. I might even add a pinch of nutmeg next time. Thanks for the recipe.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. *new to cooking* what does the vinegar do and do I absolutely have to have it?? What can I use as a substitute?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete