3/08/2010

Buttermilk Chicken

I have another SUPER easy and great recipe for the crock pot. My mom told me about this one years ago & it has been a favorite ever since. I love it because of its simplicity. It has 3 ingredients - you can always add more, but you don't need to. It tastes great with just the 3.

It tastes like a labor intensive southern meal, only in reality it takes about 2 minutes to make!

Buttermilk Chicken

Frozen chicken tenders (you can also use breasts, I just always prefer the tenders)
2 cans cream of chicken or mushroom - whatever you have on hand
Buttermilk to fill 2 cans

All you do is throw the chicken into the crock pot like this. Don't worry about it being frozen.


Pour the cream of whatever you choose over the chicken. Tonight I chose cream of chicken and cream of mushroom! Fill both of the empty cans with buttermilk and then pour over the chicken. That's it! Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.


I completely forgot to take a picture of the finished meal, sorry! We like to eat ours with mashed potatoes, but it also tastes great over egg noodles. Add some biscuits and you have a great meal without much time or effort, perfect for those afternoons you live in the car!

3 comments:

  1. i am so making this tonight. thanks for sharing.

    Raimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I'm going to have to make this one, too! Thanks for sharing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick question: How much chicken did you use??

    ReplyDelete