4/13/2010

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

I love my crock pot. It saves me on days when I don't have time to think about dinner, which seems to be a lot lately. I have been trying to find ways to adapt some of my favorite recipes into crock pot dishes so we can still have a good meal on busy days. I have had this recipe for a while and it is one of my husband's favorites. It was our anniversary on Sunday and since we were in church from 1-4:00, I thought this would be a good one to prepare for him. It is super easy and tastes so good!

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. cubed beef stew meat
2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup beef broth or water
1 pack onion soup mix
fresh mushrooms - optional, but so yummy!
4 ounces cream cheese
"scoop" of sour cream
Wide egg noodles

These are the two items you might not have right in your pantry. They are both necessary for this recipe and substitutions will not taste the same. I had a little bit of a hard time finding the Golden Mushroom soup, but eventually found it at Raleys grocery store (here in Nor Cal.)

Combine the beef, Golden mushroom soup, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, water and onion soup mix in your crock pot.

Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours. Add some sauteed mushrooms about a 1/2 hour before time is up. And then mix in the cream cheese and sour cream just before serving. Serve over some wide egg noodles and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This recipe was so yummy that time we had it at your house. I'm glad you posted it so I can make it sometime soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making this for dinner tonight and I did find the Golden Mushroom soup at Walmart today. I am excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete